Saturday 28 June 2014

World Cup 2014

This is obviously not DIY related at all, however, I just wanted to say a few things.

Never had I been into football before, I am not quite into sports myself but lately, all because of my friends and husband, I seem to get into it a little. Or at times, I have actually blamed the interest on my unborn child (having a baby boy very soon, yey!) and to my English husband. Oh, all the talks and plans he's got for him and our little boy's future activities, mostly about football. Even as far as saying they will be going to the World Cup 2022 in Qatar. Of which he says, our son will be about 8 and old enough to go. 

I Support England obviously because of my dear husband, but seeing their performance and current exit from the Cup, I jokingly told him, well, if you're taking our son to Qatar in 2022, won't you both be disappointed, as of the moment, even having Rooney and Gerard on the squad didn't helped much at all, how much more 8 years from now when there's no other younger players that seems to be promising to lead the team! He said, well, we shall see.

This was Yogi on that day England was playing and a match that would would decide they were in had they won. But we know they didn't.  Even then, Yogi wasn't too happy with what's happening. Lol!

We've watched the England matches and other relevant ones so far. I have to say, I think my husband has now managed to traumatise one of our dogs. We have two, Yogi and Dylan. Dylan couldn't care less, he would be up once in a while when darling husband shouts, but Yogi, even when he is very sleepy refuses to sleep and each time he hears his dad's shouting, he would be scared, would hide and at some point, I realised was shaking. The poor doggy. 

I have to also add that the World Cup this year is full of surprises. From the previous champions, Spain playing poorly and is now out, to most of European countries like Italy & England being out and not made it to the round of 16, now as well to most of South American teams playing too well and to some biting on the pitch. Even I can't believe what I'm saying but this football "thing" is starting to really get me very interested. Ha!

Personally, I don't have a team in mind that I'd like to root for as of the moment. Needless to say, it would be interesting to see who the champions would be. 
























0 comments:

Post a Comment